Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Happy Administrative Professional's Day

Picture it....Walt Disney World, 2005. (Did you think of Sophia Petrillo just now? *grin*)
I sat alone at an outdoor table at the Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion at Epcot. 
I had a pen and paper and was using my time to write my life goals. I was sad about leaving the following day and felt a longing to stay, though work was waiting. Work...always work...the needing to be in one certain place to make money.
Little did I know back then when I scribbled "I want the ability to work wherever I am so that I can be wherever I want to be" my goal would be met nine years later when I started my virtual assistant business. Now, I am the administrative professional who keeps things running smoothly for a busy masonry company, among others. I work remotely...wherever I may be. Airports, restaurants, and yes...Walt Disney World! 
Dreams come true...sometimes not as soon as we want, but with enough work, knowledge, and patience they do come to fruition. I love what I do. And I know that most admins do, too. 
So Happy Administrative Professional's Day, fellow admins. Whether we work remotely or in offices, we keep things on track! 

No comments: